Tuesday 1 April 2014

Girly Tilda

Hello and a very happy Tuesday to you all.

This week at the Ribbon Girl it is the Magnolia challenge and Mary and Andrea would like to see "Girly" cards. So here is my card for the challenge - 
I began by making an easel card using a 8 inch card blank and Go Kreate's XXL square frilly frame # 5. I used white centura pearl to cut the top part of the card which I then embossed using Spellbinder's garden lattice embossing folder. I then matted and layered the card base and top with papers from LOTV's heartfelt paper pad and smaller frilly # 5 dies. I then added some lace from the Ribbon girl to the top of the card.
To create the stopper on the base of the card I cut a Die'sire heart doily from another of the papers from the pad and fixed it to the card base using double foam pads. I then stamped and cut out 3 sentiments from LOTV's sentiment tags, attached them to the heart doily and added a wooden heart button (from the Ribbon Girl) where they joined.
The image is Rose scented Tilda which I coloured with the following Promarkers -
  • hair - cocoa, walnut and henna
  • skin - satin, blush, dusky pink and coral
  • wrap and slippers - cardinal red, crimson and burgundy. I have also paper pieced the bow and edges of the wrap and the pom poms of the slippers
  • sky - pastel blue
  • perfume bottle - warm grey 1 and warm grey 3. I also paper pieced the perfume bottle.
  • shadow - warm grey 1
I cut the image out using a Spellbinder's oval nestie and inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink. I cut the largest Die'sire heart doily, attached it to the top of the card with Pinflair and then added the topper (also with Pinflair).
To finish I added some flowers to the card all from the Ribbon Girl.




I would like to enter this card into the following challenge - 
http://www.ribbongirls.blogspot.co.uk - march Magnolia only challenge

Thank you for stopping by.

Lesley





No comments:

Post a Comment