Thursday 9 June 2016

Monster 21st birthday

Good morning


This week my eldest son was 21. It only seems 5 minutes since he was born. I can remember it as if it were yesterday. He was 7 weeks premature and gave everyone a huge shock (especially me) when he arrived so quickly. He was tiny but fortunately no long term health problems and is now a strapping 6 footer.
Today's card is one I made for his younger siblings to give him.
I used a variety of Woodware stamps for this card, the Blimps and 21st birthday. I stamped the 21 first onto Neenah crest card, made a mask and then stamped the blimps around the 21. I paper pieced the numbers and coloured the monsters with Spectrum Noir pens -
  • CT4, GB5, OR1, BT5, BT6, BT7, DR3, DR5, DR6, IG1 and IG8
I also used - 
  • white centura pearl (for the card base)
  • pick n mix paper pad from First Edition
  • rainbow mirriboard from Hunkydory




I would like to enter this card into the following challenge -

Thank you for stopping by today

Crafty hugs
Lesley

5 comments:

  1. wonderful card. happy B-day to your son :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always lovely work with great colours and design Lesley and perfect for your son, sure he loved his special card.

    Many thanks for joining us again at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - fab paper piecing! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations
    Viv (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lesley this is a gorgeous card I love the design. Happy birthday to your eldest they do grow up fast. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous creation! Great colouring! Thanks so much for sharing it with us for our Creature theme at stamping sensations this month and good luck!
    PS I have blog candy

    ReplyDelete