Sorry for lateness of this blog but I am on holiday so I had a little lie in (and did a mountain of ironing). At the As you like it challenge blog the challenge is your favourite fancy fold and why. My favourite fold is quite simple really and about as fancy as I get (construction is not my strong point I'd rather be crafting!). This is the reason I love it soo much - easy and simple but effective.
As you can see it is an easel card. I cut the base of the card using Spellbinder's Labels 29 but I positioned the die over the fold of the card so it didn't cut all the way through so you have a spine. Then I scored the centre of one of the sides and folded it over to create the easel. Then I simply cut another labels 29 and glued it to the half folded side. Then I decorated it.
The papers are from a Papermania pad called Spots and stripes brights and I used labels 29 to mat and layer. The image is from Lili of the Valley and is called Computer fun (ST008). I have coloured him with my Promarkers as follows
- hair - caramel, cocoa and burnt sienna
- skin - putty, dusky pink and sunkissed pink
- jumper - poppy, cardinal and crimson
- TV and games console - ice grey 3, 4 and 5
- shorts - powder blue, denim blue and petrol blue
- socks and shirt - mustard, sunflower and gold
- TV screen - black, ruby, warm grey 1 and 4 and powder blue
- games boxes - forest green, bright green and primrose
- cushion - french navy
- TV glow - buttercup
- shadow - cool grey 1 and pastel blue
I would like to enter this card into -
www.asyoulikeitchallenge.blogspot.co.uk - challenge #7
Thanks for stopping by.