Saturday 6 July 2013

Something a little different

Hello

Something a little different today. It's not a card but a




box! For Christmas last year my wonderful hubby bought me a Ultimate Pro from Crafter's companion and this was one of the first things I made. If you have not got an Ultimate I would highly recommend it. I now make a lot of my own card bases and envelopes and the envelobox is a wonderful invention. No more squashed cards and embellishments.
Well enough of the sales pitch. This is how I made it. 


The card base and top are made from Centura pearl white card with a touch of silver. I then embossed some pink Centura pearl using a Crafter's companion embossing folder. I cut the pieces to the correct size for the top and sides and matted the pieces onto silver Mirriboard. I then cut three flowers from pink felt using Spellbinders bitty blossoms and the leaves were cut in silver Mirriboard from the same set. I have a love/hate relationship with felt. Sometimes it cuts like a dream and looks beautiful when finished and then other times it won't come out of the die and you have to pass it through the Grand Calibur so many times that it ends up stuck in the cutting plate. This time however it worked really well. I stamped the greeting onto a tag from Spellbinders damask motifs and accents sets.

I hope you liked something a bit different today. Thank you for stopping by.

Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment