Saturday 27 July 2013

Woodland folk

Good morning everyone.

Yesterday a friend from work left to start a new job in September and this is the card I made for her - 





The images are from Woodland folk from Docrafts and I have coloured them with a mixture of Promarkers and Spectrum noirs as follows - 


  •  owl - EB1, GB1, GB2, EB2, GB8 and GB9
  • hedgehog - EB1, EB2, GB8, GB9 and EB3
  • rabbit - GB1, GB2, GB4 and GB9
  • badger - BG5, BG7 and BG9
  • squirrel - TN1, TN3, TN4 and TN5
  • fox - amber, pumpkin, orange, TN1 and GB9
  • log - EB1, EB2, EB3, EB5 and EB7
  • grass and leaves - DG2 and DG4
  • flowers - PL1 and GB5
  • shadow - IB1
The papers are also from Docrafts (sorry I have lost the front cover of the paper so I am not sure of the name but it is from the same range as the stamps). I made a mask to cover the owl and the folk on the log and then shaded the grass, sky and sun using a big brush and distress inks - tumbled glass, peeled paint and scattered straw. I added some flowers and swirls from the Spellbinder's jewel flowers, leaves and flourishes die set and then coloured some pearls with my Spectrum noirs for the centres of the flowers. The sentiment was from the stamp set and I cut it out using a circle nestie and inked whilst still in the die with scattered straw distress ink. The tree has been cut using Memory box arboscello tree die.

Inside the card I added a badger which I cut from the papers.







Well that's all from me for today. My blogs maybe a hit and miss for the next few weeks as the school summer holidays start today and I will need to entertain my brood although if it rains we will be crafting and I am afraid it will be the start of the great Christmas crafting. If you too are entertaining small people I wish you well.

Lesley

PS - (not sure if there is PS in blogging but here goes) talking about Christmas head on over to the Lili of the Valley website where they have just released their new Christmas stamps. They are gorgeous and I promised myself I would use what I already had this year but hey ho here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment