Wednesday, 17 July 2013

Turning Japanese

Good morning everyone

The last card made from my new goodies for a while - 

The image is called Tripping flower Tilda and I decided to give her the full Japanese treatment which was inspired by the background paper. At Christmas my Uncle gave me a pack of paper and asked if they wouuld be any use for my crafting and never being one to look a gift horse etc I said yes. I opened them a few weeks ago and they are beautiful. Some are very small pieces and this is one of the larger ones. So using my lovely paper this is what I created.
I coloured the image using a mixture of Promarkers and Spectrum noirs as follows - 
  • dress - CR11, DR3, DR6 and DR7
  • hair - BG7, BG9, TB9 and true black
  • band - gold and mustard
  • skin - FS3, FS5, FS7 and PP4
  • parasol - EB6,GB1, GB3 andGB5
  • flowers - gold gel pen
  • shadow - IB1
I cut the image out using a rectangle nestie and inked through the die with tumbled glass distress ink. I then matted and layer it onto red and then black card. I then matted layer the backing paper onto black and then red card. I put 3 memory Box Arboscello trees behind the image cut from black and red card. I embossed a piece of Black Magic Core'dinations with  M-bossabilities embossing folder garden lattice and sanded it back to revel the red core. I then rubbed over some enchanted gold gilding wax. I cut the flower using Spellbinder's Anemone flower topper and the leaves usinf Spellbinder's folliage dies. Whilst still in the dies I inked through using versamark ink, removed the card from the die and embossed using Cosmic shimmer bright gold metallic embossing powder. To finish I added a black dazzler and 2 black hat pins.

Thank you for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment