Good morning folks and how are we all this fab Thursday?
I have crept away from the chaos in the rest of the house and found a little corner of my craft room where I can actually craft. It is my youngest son's birthday on Sunday and I need to make his card. More of that on Sunday.
Today I thought I'd share another Sparkle launch card. The pens didn't last very long did they! Congratulations to you if you were able to get hold of a set.
This cute little owl is from Twit Twoo stamp set and the branch and leaves are from Forest Friends stamp set both from Crafter's Companion. I stamped and heat embossed the images onto Neenah card (naughty I know but I was playing and wanted to see what would happen. It worked perfectly well but I think if I were to do it again I would do it on watercolour card.) and then mixed smoked quartz and harvest moon on my glass craft mat and applied to the image with a damp brush. For all the other areas I applied the colours direct to the paper.
The colours I used were -
- owl - smoked quartz and harvest moon (mixed on a glass mat)
- branch - holly leaf and smoked quartz (applied directly to the paper)
- sky - moonstone (applied directly to the paper)
- leaves holly leaf and olive jade (applied directly to the paper)
The other ingredients used were -
- kraft card
- green and brown core'dinations
- Die'sire create-a-card Decadence
- Pebeo gold gilding wax
- sentiment from the Twit Twoo stamp set
- ribbon from the Ribbon Girl
Leaves from the Forest Friends stamp set.
Well back to the DIY chaos. It is nearly finished now just have to put everything back before work on Monday!
Enjoy your day and thanks you for stopping by