Sunday 9 June 2019

Pink ink dragon

Good morning folks


On Friday it was my eldest son's birthday and this is the card I made for him. This is a very detailed post - so grab a cuppa and make yourself comfortable.

He is a big fan of Game of Thrones so when I saw this dragon stamp from Pink Ink designs I knew it would be perfect. The stamp is called Dragon from Pink Ink's mythical series. I stamped the image onto Sheena's stamping card and coloured it with pixie powders which I used as a watercolour paint. I also stamped the wing stamp onto velum and colour it in the same manner.
For this card I have used - 
  • Dragon stamp - Mythical series from Pink Ink Designs
  • Pixie powders - burnt orange, lava red, peacock green and rich gold. All from Creative Expressions
  • Spectrum Noir's black onyx Sparkle pen
  • Sheena's stamping card, watercolour card and velum all from Crafter's Companion
  • matt black card (for the card base)
  • brushed gold mirri
  • black soot distress ink
  • Tonic layering squares and circles die set 

To make the background I made a wash from the black onyx Sparkle pen onto watercolour card and while it was still wet I sprinkled on some pixie powders. Then I allowed it to dry.
To make the white background I sprinkled a wet piece of watercolour card with the pixie powders and then dried it with a heat tool which allowed me to make some of the areas 'run' and blend. I then cut out a circle of the card and stamped the swirls around the edge. Finally to finish I added some black soot distress ink to the outer edge.
Quite a detailed card but I am really pleased with the way it turned out.
Thank you for stopping by today.
Crafty hugs

Lesley





2 comments:

  1. Stunning piece of work Lesley, your attention to detail is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lesley this is a stunning card as soon as I saw it I thought it might be for a Game of Thrones fan. That dragon is gorgeous and so beautifully coloured. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete