Saturday 5 October 2013

A smile sentiment

Good morning folks

Yeah its Saturday once again and its also my sister in laws birthday and here is the card I made for her -

I have tried to switch the focus of the card to the sentiment on this card. It is a fantastic saying and is from LOTV Quotables - Friendship (set 62).


I cut it out using Spellbinders Butterflies circles and inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink. I removed it from the die and then ink the other edge of the die cut with tumbled glass distress ink. The papers are from LOTV and Raspberry Road Beach bliss paper pad. I matted and layered a 6inch square card blank as shown and wrapped some lace from the Ribbon Girl around the card. I then added the sentiment topper. The lovely little cat is again from LOTV and is called Thomas - flower (ST027). I have coloured it with the following Promarkers - 


  • Thomas - cinnamon, henna and cocktail pink
  • flowers - cool aqua, duck egg, turquoise, saffron, blush, grass and emerald green
  • sky - pastel blue
  • shadow - cool grey 1
I cut Thomas out and added him to the card with Pinflair for added dimension. I then cut several flowers and a flourish from the papers using Spellbinder's Floral doily accents, Anemone flower topper and Venetian motifs.

I added the flowers to the card base and to finish added pearls to the centre of the flowers.





Happy Birthday Caroline.

Thank you for stopping by.

Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment