Monday 21 October 2013

Floral fantasy

Good morning everyone

Today is my mum's birthday and here is the card I made for her -


To make my gate fold card I used my Ultimate pro and scored a piece of A4 ivory centura pearl card according to the score board and then trimmed the card to a 6 inch card. I then used a Die'sire Lace border 6 die to cut both sides of the card base. This proved a little tricky to begin with as the die was slightly longer than the width of my Grand Calibur base plate but I discovered with a bit of trial and error that if you use a lot of low tack tape to secure the die it will cut perfectly. I then matted some Docrafts Vintage notes paper to the card as shown.

The image I used is Joanna Sheen's Fantasy Floral - exotic sprays which I coloured with the following Spectrum Noirs -


PP1, PP3, PP5, DG3, JG6, IB1, TN1 and GB5

I cut the image out with scissors and inked the edge with antique linen distress ink. I matted the image onto a Spellbinder's Floral oval which I cut from ivory centura pearl. I added a sentiment from a set which came free with a Crafter's Companion magazine and some pearls to the die cuts. To finish I added some accents from Docrafts Vintage notes decoupage medley.

Happy Birthday Mum

See you all tomorrow

Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment