Friday 4 October 2013

Vegetable patch

Hello

Today is my dad's birthday and here is the card I made for him -



The image I have used is from LOTV and is called Vegetable patch (ST417) and I have coloured it with the following Spectrum Noirs -

  • carrots - OR1, OR3, DG3 and DG4
  • robin - GB5, DR4, EB5 and EB6
  • spade - EB7, EB8, GG2 and GG3
  • skin - FS2, FS4 and FS6
  • hat and boots - TB1, TB3 and TB5
  • trousers - GB7, GB9 and GB11
  • shirt - TB4
  • pots - TN5 and TN7
  • hair - EB7
  • soil - EB4 and EB6
  • sky - IB1
  • seed packets - EB1, DG2 and OR3
I cut the image out using Spellbinder's label 29 and inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink. I then cut a faux nestie from Kraft card and matted the image onto it. I matted a piece of paper from LOTV Petal fresh paper pad onto another piece of Kraft card. I cut a Lala land heart fence from Kraft card and added it to the card base as shown. I then added the image using foam pads to the card base. I then stamped some seed packets using a stamp from Docrafts Home to nest range and coloured the image with the following Spectrum Noirs -


  • EB1, JG2, JG3, DG3, DR3 and DR6
I cut the image out and added it to the card base as shown. I also cut some clouds, a spider, some pots and some gardening tools from scraps of cardstock using Memory Box dies. These were added to the card as shown.



To finish I stamped a sentiment using Docrafts Nostalgia past times stamp set, cut with labels 29, inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink and matted onto a faux nestie of Kraft card. I then added this to the centre of the card as shown.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenge -

http://www.allsortschallenge.blogspot.co.uk - how does your garden grow

Happy Birthday to my Dad

Thank you for stopping by

Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment