Wednesday 7 May 2014

A big bunch of flowers

Hello everyone

This week's challenge at the Ribbon Girls is flowers. Here is my card for the challenge - 
I began by covering a 6 inch card blank with blue centura pearl card. I then trimmed a piece of paper from LOTV's Petal fresh paper pad, punched one side with Tonic's rose lace border punch and attached to the card base. I cut a Memory Box Fairytale flower border from blue centura pearl and added it to the card base as shown.
The image is from LOTV and is called Thomas - big bunch of flowers (ST027) which I coloured with the following Promarkers - 
  • Thomas - coral, warm grey 1, warm grey 2, warm grey 4 and warm grey 5
  • flowers - vanilla, mustard, powder blue, cornflower, pear green and pine
  • shadow - cool grey 1
  • sky - pastel blue and denim
I cut the image out using a Spellbinder's circle nestie and inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink. I cut a Spellbinder's butterfly circle from blue centura pearl and matted the image onto it then attached the whole thing to the card base with foam pads.
I added lots of flowers from the Ribbon girl. I didn't have any yellow flowers (an oversight on my part which I will have to rectify with a shopping trip - ooooh goody!!) so I inked the edges of some white flowers with old paper distress ink. I also added some blue centura pearl leaves cut using Spellbinder's jewel flowers and flourishes die set.
To finish I added some butterflies to the lace edge (these were the "waste" from the heart circle die - waste not want not!!). I put some pearls in the centre of each butterfly which I coloured with a cornflower Promarker.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenge - 
http://www.ribbongirls.blogspot.co.uk - May card challenge-flowers

Thank you for stopping by

Lesley



No comments:

Post a Comment