Tuesday 27 May 2014

Tilda birthday

Good morning everyone

It's half term week so I have the week off. I intended do some gardening but the weather is putting paid to that. So I did some crafting instead. Here is the result - 
I began by making an easel card with a 6 inch card blank. I punched one edge with a Tonic twisted twine border punch and then matted and layered the card with papers from LOTV's Bonnets and bowties paper pad and Bonnets and bowties solids paper pad.
I made the stopper with some of the papers and attached some lace (from the Ribbon Girl) to the underside of the stopper. I wrapped around some pink ribbon from my stash and then attached the stopper to the card base as shown.
The image is called Tangled Tilda which I coloured with the following Promarkers - 
  • hair - raw sienna, cocoa and cinnamon
  • skin - satin, blush, dusky pink and coral
  • dress - cocktail pink, salmon pink and carmine
  • cake - cornflower, powder blue, pale pink, pastel pink and pink carnation
  • shadow - warm grey 1
  • sky - pastel blue and denim blue
I cut the image out using Spellbinder's floral ovals, inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink and then attached to the top part of the card.
I stamped a sentiment from LOTV's sentiments to fit a scroll, cut it out using Spellbinder's Reflective moments and then inked with spun sugar distress ink. I then attached it to the stopper. 
I added lots of pretty flowers from the Ribbon Girl to the stopper and to the top of the card.
To finish I added some pink pearls (from the Ribbon Girl) to the die cut.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges - 
http://www.ribbongirls.blogspot.co.uk - May Magnolia only challenge - birthday
http://www.allsortschallenge.blogspot.co.uk - week 260 Happy 5th Birthday Allsorts

Thank you for stopping by.

Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment