Monday 19 May 2014

Lovely lilac

Good evening folks,
I do hope you are all enjoying this beautiful weather we have been having. I afraid crafting has taken a back seat this weekend due to this fab weather but I did manage to have a little play with one of my new stamps from LOTV (which is quite apt for the current weather) and here is the result -
I do love these colours - lilac and purple are such happy colours don't you think.
I got inspiration from LOTV's Saturday sketch blog. I began by covering a 6 inch card blank with a paper from LOTV's Promises solids paper pad and then cutting a Tonic layering square from a paper from the Promises pad. I cut another paper from the Promises pad and punched one side with a Tonic dotty lace border punch. I matted this onto another paper from the solids pad and then added some ribbon (from my stash). I attached this to the square die cut and then attached the whole thing to the card base.
The image is Water Lily (ST504) from LOTV's latest stamp launch which has been coloured with the following Promarkers - 
  • hair - mustard, cocoa and burnt sienna
  • skin - satin, blush and dusky pink
  • clothes, shoes and glasses - lavender, orchid, amethyst, duck egg, cool aqua, turquoise, cool grey 1, cool grey 3 and cool grey 4
  • water lilies - pear green, marsh green, moss green, lavender, orchid and amethyst
  • wings - ivory and pastel beige
  • water - april shower, oasis and rockpool
  • sky - pastel blue
I added lots of glitter (well she is a fairy and fairies demand glitter!) to her glasses, wings and the water lilies. I cut the image out using Spellbinder's Floral ovals and inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink. I attached the image to the card with foam pads.
To finish I added some flowers (from the Ribbon Girl) which I coloured with milled lavender distress ink and some tiny pearls which I coloured with a orchid Promarker.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges - 
http://www.ribbongirls.blogspot.co.uk - May colour challenge - lilac/purple

Thank you for stopping by

Lesley




4 comments:

  1. This is so cute and sweet. Love the image and gorgeous flowers and colors. Thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and an adorable image x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Purple Passion' and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so sweet! Thank you for playing along with us at Allsorts this week!

    ReplyDelete