Monday 5 May 2014

Beautiful sunflowers

Hello everyone, I hope you are enjoying the Bank Holiday. The weather here is lovely and I hope it is with you too.

The challenge at Crafty Little Fairies is now a monthly one and for this month the challenge is "In the Garden". Here is my card  - 
I began by making the backing paper. I cut a 6 inch piece of card and randomly stamped a large sunflower stamp (by Chloe) all over the card. I then coloured the flowers with tulip yellow, sunflower, gold, caramel and umber Promarkers. For the background I used pastel blue and denim Promarkers.
I then trimmed the card to 5and half inches, matted and layered it onto blue centura pearl and yellow core'dinations and attached it to a 6 inch card blank.
The image is Tatty's sunflowers from Tatty Button which I coloured with the following Promarkers - 
  • hair - terracotta, chestnut and burnt umber
  • skin - satin, blush and dusky pink
  • dress and shoes - berry red, crimson and cardinal red
  • sunflower - tulip yellow, sunflower, gold, pear green, pine, holly, caramel and umber
  • tights - soft lime and primrose
  • sky - pastel blue
  • soil - caramel and umber
I cut the image out with scissors and matted it onto a rectangle of blue centura pearl. Then I matted it onto a Spellbinder's branching out die cut in yellow core'dinations. I attached it to the card base with foam pads.
To finish I added a sunflower made using Spellbinder's Die D-lites create a sunflower die set. These are a bit fiddly to make but the results are amazing. 

I would like to enter this card into the following challenge -

Many thanks for stopping by. Enjoy the rest of your Bank Holiday.

Lesley




1 comment:

  1. Absolutely stunning! The image and background are beautiful and that spellbinders sunflower is just the perfect embellishment. Thank so much for sharing this with us at Crafty Little Fairies, hugs, Jayne x

    ReplyDelete