Tuesday 6 May 2014

Pink butterflies - double take

Hello folks,

Butterflies seem to be a popular choice for challenges this week. The ladies at In the Pink would like to see cards to fit the challenge "Fluttering by ....... (use a butterfly)" so here is my card for the challenge - 
 I began by making a 6 inch card blank from pink centura pearl and my Ultimate Pro. I then cut a piece of butterfly paper from my stash (it's called Forever Friends with love but I have had it for years) and matted it onto a piece of purple card. I cut a Memory Box Kensington border (love this die, it is so delicate) from pink centura pearl and added it to the edge of the butterfly paper, then wrapped a piece of pink spotty ribbon around the card and attached the whole thing to the card base.
The image is Tilda with butterfly dreams from Magnolia which I coloured with the following Spectrum Noirs -
  • skin - FS2, FS3, TN2 and CR3
  • hair - GB2, GB8 and GB10
  • dress and shoes - PP3, PP5 and DR3
  • socks - PP1 and PP3
  • flower - PP1, PP3, PP5 and DR3
  • butterflies - PP1, PP3, PP5 and DR3
I cut the image out using Spellbinder's lacy ovals, inked whilst still in the die with spun sugar distress ink and added some shabby pink frantage.
I made some flowers using Tonic's petal pairs and some scraps of papers and added some pink pearls (from the Ribbon Girl) to the centres of the flowers. I attached them to the card base with Pinflair.
I cut some butterflies using Tonic's Mazarine Blue die set and pink centura pearl, and attached them to the card. To finish I added some pink pearls to their bodies.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenge - 
http://inthepinkchallenge.blogspot.co.uk - challenge 43-fluttering by....use a butterfly

Thank you for stopping by.

Lesley



1 comment:

  1. So many pretty butterflies on your card and so beautifully co-ordinated with the die, image and DP :-)
    Thanks for sharing with us at In The Pink!
    Kat (DT) x

    ReplyDelete