Thursday 29 May 2014

Autumn

Good morning folks

When I first saw this new stamp collection from Crafter's Companion I knew I had to add them to my collection. I bought 3 stamps, 2 embossing folders and 2 paper pads and I love them. The stamps are big and are great fun to colour. I also tried using some pencils over the top of my Spectrum Noirs but I am not sure of the results. Maybe they would be better if I used the Spectrum Noir pencils but they seem to be out of stock everywhere at the moment.
Here is the first of many cards I have made using the Scruffy Little Cat collection - 
I began by embossing a piece of black centura pearl with a Chic embossing folder (I had to extend it slightly) which I then matted onto a 6 inch card blank (tent fold). I then took one of the papers from the Scruffy Little Cat dark shade paper pad and cut one edge with a Die'sire lace border 6 die. I wrapped a piece of black satin ribbon (from my stash) around the paper and attached it to the card base.
The image is Autumn (from the Scruffy Little Cat range from Crafter's Companion) which I coloured with the following Spectrum Noirs
  • hair - GB1, GB2, GB3, EB3 and a brown pencil
  • shin - FS2, FS3, FS4 and TN2
  • eyes - TB1
  • lips - DR1
  • eyeshadow - TB1 and a blue pencil
  • clothes - DR1, DR3, DR5, LV2, LV3, purple pencil, BGR2, BGR3 and BGR4
  • shopping - IG1, IG3, IG5, IG7, DR1, DR3 and DR5
  • bag and boots - TN7, TN8 and TN9
  • grass and flowers - DG2, DG3, LV2 and LV3
  • sky - IB1 and IB2
I cut the image out using Spellbinder's matting basics A, inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink and matted it onto some black centura pearl. I then added some glitter to the eyeshadow and some dots of glitter around the image. I then attached it to the card with foam pads.
I made a flower using another of the papers from the pad and a Die'sire large rose quilling die. I added a black Dazzler to the centre of the flower and attached it to the card as shown.
To finish I added a sentiment from the die set which I cut out using Die'sire elegance stamping frame die. I inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink and matted the sentiemnt onto some black centura pearl. I attached it to the card with foam pads as shown.

Thank you for stopping by.

Lesley




No comments:

Post a Comment