Sunday 11 May 2014

Fairy magic

Good evening folks

Oh no !!! My crafty mojo has packed his bags and left me bereft this week. I have had this gorgeous image stamped out with the pretty papers sitting next to her for a week and for the life of me I could not think of what to do. So I hopped off to LOTV's monthly challenge blog (to see what the challenge was) and found their sketches section and made this card -
I used sketch #4 but turned it 90 degrees. I am really rather pleased with the result.
I began by cutting a piece of LOTV's Promises paper pad with my Tonic layering squares, inked the edge with milled lavender distress ink, layered it onto a piece of paper from LOTV's Promises solids paper pad (bought to make my Promises pad go further) and trimmed it with my perfect layers tool. I then followed the sketch to create the card base. I used a Docrafts border punch to trim the blue border and added some ribbon from my stash. I inked the edge of of a 6inch scalloped card blank with milled lavender distress ink and attached the layered papers.
The image is LOTV's dandelion clocks (ST144) which I coloured with the following Promarkers - 
  • hair - spice, terracotta and chestnut
  • skin - satin, blush and dusky pink
  • clothes and shoes - lavender, orchid, amethyst, duck egg, cool aqua, cool grey 1 and cool grey 3
  • wings and dandelion - ivory, pastel beige, khaki and henna
  • sky - pastel blue and denim blue
  • ground - warm grey 1 and warm grey 3
I cut the image out using Spellbinder's Floral ovals and inked whilst still in the die with milled lavender distress ink. I attached the image to the card base with foam pads. The sentiment is from LOTV's sentiments to fit scrolls which I cut out using Spellbinder's Reflective moments and inked whilst still in the die with milled lavender distress ink. 
I made some flowers using the papers and Tonic's petal pairs punches and added some pearls (from the Ribbon Girl) to the die cut, centre of the flowers and to the top corner of the card.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges - 
http://www.ribbongirls.blogspot.co.uk - May lovely lili challenge - add pearls

Thank you for stopping by.

Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment