Thursday 15 May 2014

Catman

Hello folks

Now I know this is completely the wrong time of year for this type of card but I love this stamp - it makes me smile.
I began by covering a 6 inch card blank with black card. I then cut a square of orange card (using my Tonic layering square die set) and attached a dotty mask to it. I ran it through my Grand Calibur to emboss it and then rubbed black soot distress ink all over it. I removed the mask and attached it to the card base.
I cut several pumpkins using a io die set from orange card and attached them to a strip of black card. I then added the border to the card base.
I then cut 2 webs using Memory Box delicate web die from black card and attached them to the top of the card. I trimmed them to fit.
The image is Penny Black's Catman which I coloured with the following Promarkers - 
  • cat - cool grey 1, cool grey3, cool grey 4, cool grey 5, pastel pink and baby pink
  • pumpkin - mandarin, orange and burnt orange
  • shadow - warm grey 1 and warm grey 3
  • sky - pastel blue, denim blue and colbalt blue
I cut the image out with Die'namics stitched circle stax die and once removed from the die I inked the outer edge of the die cut. I then matted the image onto an orange faux circle and then onto a black stitched circle. I attached it to the card with foam pads.
To finish I added 3 bats cut using black card and the io die set.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenge - 
http://pennyblackatallsorts.blogspot.co.uk - May challenge - anything goes

Many thanks for stopping by

Lesley




1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete