Sunday 4 May 2014

Botanical butterflies

Happy Sunday to you all

The Allsorts challenge this week is butterflies so here is my card for the challenge -
I began with an 8 inch card blank which I inked around the edge with antique linen. I then cut a piece of paper from Graphic 45's Botanical tea collection using Tonic's layering squares and attached it to the card base. This paper pad came yesterday from Hope and Chances and it is absolutely stunning. I think I will have to get another pack just to keep. I cut another paper using a smaller layering square and attached a Memory Box Kensington border to one side.
I cut two postage stamps from one of the papers and attached them with foam pads to the top corner of the card.
The image is Tilda with butterfly dreams from Magnolia which I coloured with a mixture of Spectrum Noirs and distress markers (I recently purchased 5 of these pens. I couldn't decided which colours to go for so I just bought my favourite ink pad colours) - 
  • skin - FS1, FS2, FS3 and CR1
  • hair - TN5, TN7 and TN9
  • dress and shoes - tumbled glass distress marker (I added shadows by colouring the darker areas twice)
  • flower  - spun sugar and peeled paint distress markers
  • butterflies - tumbled glass, spun sugar and antique linen distress markers
  • sky - IB1
  • shadow - IG1
I cut the image out using Spellbinder's Floral ovals, inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink and attached to the card base with foam pads.
I made some flowers using Tonic's petal pairs punches and some scraps of the papers and added some pearls (which I coloured with the tumbled glass distress marker) to the centre of the flowers. I added some butterflies cut using Tonic's Mazarine Blue butterfly dies.
To finish I added some pearls (which I coloured with the tumbled glass distress marker) to the image and to the butterflies.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenge - 

Thank you for stopping by.

Lesley




1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous Lesley, beautiful paper. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxxx

    ReplyDelete