Tuesday 28 October 2014

Gold and sparkly Tilda

Hello folks

The Magnolia challenge this week at the Ribbon Girl is to add sparkle and here is my card for the challenge -
Apologies for the photo quality. My daughter's little point and click camera really didn't like all the gold sparkles.
I began by embossing a piece of gold mirriboard with an Embossalicious snowflake embossing folder. I then cut a paper from Bobunny's Elf magic paper pad with a Tonic layering square die and matting it onto the embossed mirri. I cut more of the papers from the pad, matted them onto the embossed miiri and attached them to the stripey paper as shown. I then wrapped a piece of red ribbon (from my stash) around the card. I attached the whole thing to a 6 inch square card blank.
The image is Merry Christmas Tilda which I coloured with the following Promarkers -

  • skin - satin, blush, dusky pink and coral
  • hair - praline, saddle brown and burnt sienna
  • clothes - berry red, ruby, crimson, pine, holly, ivory and pastel beige
  • basket - tan, cinnamon and cocoa
  • flowers - ruby, crimson, apple cider, herb garden and gold
  • sky - pastel blue
  • ground - warm grey 1 and warm grey 4
I cut the image out using a Spellbinder's oval nestie, cut a faux nestie from embossed gold mirri and matted the image onto it. Then a cut a Spellbinder's floral oval from a paper from the pad and matted the image onto it. I added some gold glitter to the centre of the flower and then attached the image to the card with glue gel.

I made the poinsettia using plain white card, a double sided adhesive sheet, gold glitter and Spellbinder's poinsettia dies. I added a pearl to the centre of the flower which I coloured with a ruby Promarker. I then attached it to the card with glue gel.
The sentiment is from LOTV's Christmas wishes stamp set which I heat embossed with gold powder and cut out using Spellbinder's Resplendent rectangle.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges - 
http://ribbongirls.blogspot.co.uk - October Magnolia only challenge - add sparkles

Thank you for stopping by

Lesley



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, such pretty details. Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Girl, hugs, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card with this cute Tilda! I love your sparkly gold poinsettia. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Winter Wonderland - good luck!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete