Sunday, 19 October 2014


Hello Folks.

Happy Sunday to you.

Today's card features Jessica from the Scruffy Little Cat range from Crafter's Companion. I love colouring these images and have had great fun playing with my Spectrum Noir pens and pencils. I bought the blending solution and paper stumps last week and I am really impressed with how well they enable the pens and pencils to blend.
This is a close up of some of the image. 
I began by making an easel card from a 7 inch square card blank. I then matted and layered a paper from the Scruffy Little Cat dark paper pad onto red and black core'dinations and added them to the card base and the folded part of the easel.
I made a stopper from the same paper, matted it onto a piece of red core'dinations card and then attached it to a piece of black core'dinations which I cut with Spellbinder's Classic petal border die. I then wrapped a piece of black gingham ribbon around the stopper and attached it to the base with foam pads.
As I said at the beginning of the post the image is Jessica from the Scruffy little cat range at Crafter's Companion. I coloured it with the following Spectrum Noir pens and pencils -
  • hair - IG6, IG8, IG10, 119 and 120
  • skin - FS2, FS3, TN2 and CR6
  • eyes - TB3 and 068
  • eyeshadow - CR3, CR5 and 009
  • lips - CR8 and CR11
  • top and hat - DR1, DR5, DR7, 027 and 033
  • shorts and boots - BGR1, BGR2, BGR4, BGR5 and 073
  • cacti - CG1, DG2, DG4, 047, 058, CR8, CR10 and CR11
  • sand - GB8 and GB10
  • sky - IB1
I cut the image out with a Spellbinder's oval nestie, inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink and matted it onto a piece of red paper from the pad. I cut a Spellbinder's Grand decorative ovals from black core'dinations and attached the image to it. I then attached the whole thing to the card with foam pads as shown.
I made a flower using a piece of red core'dinations and a Die'sire quilling rose die. I added a black button to the centre and attached it to the stopper with glue gel.
To finish I made a bow from the gingham ribbon and attached it to the side of the image along with a sentiment from LOTV's sentiment tags stamp set (set 24).
Now because of the depth of the quilling flower the card wouldn't fit in an envelope so I made a box from black core'dinations and covered it with some scraps of papers from the Scruffy Little Cat paper pad. I am sorry about the clutter behind the card and box. I cleared a space on my desk to take the photo and obviously didn't clear enough!! Just goes to show the state of my desk.
I would like to enter this card into the Crafter's Companion Facebook challenge which this month is buttons and bows and into the Spectrum Noir Facebook challenge which this month is embellishments (I have used buttons and bows).

Thank you so much for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment