Saturday, 25 October 2014


Good morning folks

A very happy Saturday to you all. It is the start of my half term break - yipee!!! And oh boy I am glad it has finally arrived. I commented in my blog last week how I was hoping for a quiet week - how wrong was I. On Monday lunchtime we got the call every school dreads - Ofsted were on their way the following day. We always carry on as usual but the thought of an inspector "popping" into the classroom at any point in the day is very stressfull. Plus you never know how the children will react - some will have a whole conversation with the inspector ignoring you and their work, while others just clam up and sit and stare at him. But thankfully it is all over now and we will find out soon how we got on. 
Now back to crafting. Today's card is one I made for my friend who is about to embark on a whole new chapter in her life - a new job and a new home in a new town. Three birds with one stone.
I began by making a A5 card using a sheet of A4 centura pearl and my Ultimate Pro (Have you seen the Big score from Crafter's Companion - that is definitely going to be falling into my basket soon). I matted and layered two papers from First Editions Dreamcatcher paper pad and attached them to the card base.
The image is from House of Zandra and is called Toadstool Village 1 which I coloured with the following Spectrum Noir pens and pencils - 

  • Toadstool top, door, window and flowers - PL1, PL2, 039 and 042
  • Toadstool stalk and chimney - FS1, FS2, FS4, FS9, TN2, TN3, TN4, 089 and 009
  • Ground - TN5, TN8 and 095
  • Leaves and stems - CG2, DG2 and DG4
  • Sky - IB1, TB1 and TB2
  • Window - IG1
I cut the image out using Spellbinder's Branching out and inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink. I then made a frame from the purple pare from the pad using Spellbinder's Branching out and matting basics A dies. I attached the frame to the image and then attached the whole thing to the card base with foam pads.

I made a flower using pares from the pad and a Die'namics plentiful petals die which I attached to the card along with a Spellbinder's sprig. I added a gem (from my stash) to the centre of the flower.
The sentiment is from LOTV's Everyday grungy messages which I inked with tumbled glass distress ink.
To finish I added a ribbon bow from my stash.

Enjoy your weekend. Thank you for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment