Monday 20 October 2014

Red and green snowman

Good Monday morning to you all

It's my last week at work before the half term holidays and it is set to be a very busy one. Never mind that means it will fly by as the other 7 weeks have done.

Today's card is another Christmas one and there will be no apologies from me about the C word anymore. It is less than 100 days to go and I am so far behind in my card production. Time to get my head down and get crafting.
I began by covering a 6 inch square card base with a piece of red Bazzil cardstock. I then cut a spotty and a stripe paper from BoBunny's Elf magic paper pad into squares and rectangles and matted the rectangles onto some more Bazzil card. I attached the rectangles onto the spotty paper and then wrapped a piece of Christmas ribbon (from the Ribbon Girl) around the centre of the papers. I then attached the whole thing to the card base.
The image is Sweet snowman from Penny Black which I have coloured with the following Spectrum Noir pens and pencils - 


  • hat and scarf - DR1, DR5, DR7, 033, CG1, DG2, DG4 and 058
  • snowman - IG1, IG2, OR1 and OR3
  • sky - IB1
I cut the image out using a Tonic layering square die, inked with tumbled glass distress ink whilst still in the die and matted onto a piece of red Bazzil card. I attached the image to the card with foam pads.

To finish I stamped a sentiment from LOTV's Christmas wishes stamp set and cut it out using Die'namics mini tabs quartet die set. I attached it to the side of the image as shown.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenge - 
http://pennyblackatallsorts.blogspot.co.uk - October challenge - Get ahead for Christmas

Thank you so much for stopping by and reading my blog

Lesley

2 comments:

  1. Your snowman looks really fab Lesley, lovely colouring.

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, I like the sentiment on the side, a nice touch with great colouring too.
    Thanks for sharing with us this month at Penny Black & More.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete