Wednesday 22 October 2014

Happy Halloween

Hello Folks

Here is today's card (a little early I know) -
I began by making my own pumpkin stamp so I could make the purple background paper.I cut a IO die pumpkin from funky foam and stamped and heat embossed it randomly onto a piece of purple core'dinations card. 
I matted and layered this onto orange core'dinations and then wrapped some black and orange ribbon (from my stash) around the card. I then matted it onto black core'dinations and attached the whole thing onto a 6 inch square card blank.
The image is catman from Penny Black which I have coloured with the following Spectrum Noir pens and pencils -
  • cat - BGR1, BGR2, BGR3, BGR4, 120, 119, blender, PP1, PP3 and 035
  • pumpkin - OR1, OR2, OR3, 022, DG2, DG4 and 058
  • sky - TB1
  • shadow - BG1
I cut the image out using a Spellbinder's circle nestie, inking whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink and then matting and layering the image onto a purple and an orange circle. I attached the whole thing to the card base with glue gel.
To finish I cut bats, a ghost and a pumpkin from orange funky foam (using the IO die from earlier) and attached them to the card as shown.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges - 
http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.co.uk - week 281 - embossing (heat embossed pumpkins on background paper)
http://pennybfriendssaturdaychallenge.blogspot.co.uk - October - Halloween or Halloween colours

Thank you for stopping by

Lesley

6 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Thanks you so much for joining our challenge at PBSC! Your Card is fantastic. I love that Stamp and your coloring is great. Good luck!
    Hugs Frida

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous halloween card and love the cute Penny Black image you've used.
    Thank you for joining us at Penny Black Saturday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Lesley, I love the cute image and gorgeous details. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts this week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely and cute card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts "Embossing" Challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect coloring & how creative to use your die to make a stamp! Great card! So glad you joined us at Penny Black Saturday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete