Monday 27 October 2014

Twinkly Christmas

Hello. Happy Monday to you all.

A scheduled post today as we are driving up to Preston today to visit my eldest son.
I began by covering a 6 inch square card blank with green linen effect card and then cutting a Tonic layering square from a paper from Bobunny's Elf Magic paper pad. I matted and layered another paper from the pad onto another piece of green card and attached it to the card as shown. I then wrapped a piece of Christmas ribbon (from the Ribbon Girl) around the card and attached the whole thing to the card base. 
I cut a Die'sire circle doily from another paper from the pad and attached it to the card as shown.
The image is Christmas candle from LOTV which I coloured with the following Promarkers - 

  • coat - holly and pine
  • scarf and gloves - apple cider, herb garden, berry red, ruby and crimson
  • skin - stain, blush and dusky pink
  • hair - terracotta and burnt umber
  • shoes - praline, saddle brown and burnt sienna
  • candle - ivory, pastel beige, praline, saddle brown, gold, orange and tulip yellow
  • snow - icicle
  • sky - pastel blue

I cut the image out with a Tonic layering square, inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink and matted and layered it onto a piece of green card. I added lots of glitter to the hood and snow and then attached the whole thing to the card base with glue gel.

I stamped a sentiment from LOTV's winter wishes stamp set, cut it out with scissors (I drew around the inner part of the die) and matted it onto a Spellbinder's Tranquil moments cut from green card. I attached it to the card with glue gel.
To finish I added some pearls from the Ribbon Girl.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges - 
http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk - chnc-challenge-extra-for-October - Anything Christmas
http://creativefingerschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk - anything goes

Thank you for stopping by

Lesley

3 comments:

  1. How cute! Love the papers that you chose and that image is adorable. Thanks for playing with CHNCC2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling image and love all your matching papers. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your beautiful card. Thanks for sharing at Creative Fingers, good luck and hope to see you again xx

    ReplyDelete