Wednesday 27 November 2013

Christmas Tilda

Good evening everyone

The Magnolia only challenge at The Ribbon Girl's blog is winter or Christmas and here is my card for the challenge - 

 To begin I made the card base using Spellbinder's grand labels 23 and ivory centura pearl. I used the biggest die in the set and scored and folded it in half to create the card. I then matted and layered using the same die set and papers from LOTV's woodland wishes paper pad. I then cut a Spellbinder's grand decorative circles one and attached it to the card base leaving half standing proud. I attached a piece of cream lace (from The Ribbon Girl) and then added 2 Christmas trees cut using a LaLa Land die.

The image is Snowy hugs Tilda and has been coloured with the following Promarkers - 

  • coat, hats, gloves and boots - wild cranberry, burgundy and shale
  • trousers - pear green, moss and olive green
  • skin - satin, blush, dusky pink, sunkissed pink and coral
  • snowman - icicle, pumpkin, orange, burnt sienna and henna
  • hair - spice, terracotta and burnt orange
  • broom - burnt sienna, henna, mustard and gold
  • snow - icicle
  • sky - pastel blue
I added some glitter to the hats, Tilda's coat and the snow. I then cut the image out with scissors and added it to the card base with foam pads.
I added several snowflakes cut using Spellbinder's snowflake dies and the sentiment is from LOTV's handwritten Christmas phrases.
To finish I added some pearls to the centre of the snowflakes and a wooden button to the sentiment (both from the Ribbon Girl).

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges - 



Thank you for stopping by.

Lesley





3 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, and beautiful coloured. Thanks for joining I Love ProMarkers Anything Goes challenge. Hugs from Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Lesley, love the shape and great colouring - thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl Magnolia Only Challenge, Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Lesley, thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts for our Bring on The Bling challenge x

    ReplyDelete