Saturday 16 November 2013

Poinsettia kitten

Good Saturday morning to you all.

I am not sure about today's card. This is one that may never be sent to anyone. I wasn't even sure whether to post it or not. It has sat in my drafts box for a while now. This is it - 

Now don't get me wrong I love the image which was printed off the free Crafter's Companion CD (free with new Inspirations magazine) and I like the way I have coloured it. Not 100% sure about the backing papers though (again printed off the free CD). Whenever I print papers off the computer the colours never seem to be as vibrant as the one on the computer screen. I don't do a lot of CD crafting for this reason and not sure where I am going wrong. We have had several printers and I have used lots of different papers but I am still not 100% happy with the results.


I coloured the image with Spectrum Noirs. I cut the image out cut out with Spellbinder's matting basics A and inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink. I then cut a Spellbinder's branching out (love this die) using silver mirriboard and matted the image onto it. I then matted and layered the die cut onto papers from the CD and silver mirriboard.

I then cut 3 poinsettia flowers using my Spellbinders die from the red paper from the CD and inked whilst still in the die with fired brick distress ink. I also cut 2 of the largest dies from silver mirriboard to act as leaves. I added some stems from The Ribbon Girl and some gold gems to the centre of the flowers. I also added some gold gems to the centre of the poinsettia in the image.


So what do you think. Please feel free to leave a comment in the box below. I look forward to reading them. And if you could help with my printing problems that would be fantastic.

Thanks for stopping by.

Lesley




No comments:

Post a Comment