Tuesday 19 November 2013

You don't bring me flowers

Hello

The challenge at Crafty Little Fairies this week is Top of the Pops - inspired by a song. I thought this was going to be tricky but after spending the weekend searching through my stamps I had a light-bulb moment -

You Don't Bring Me Flowers by Barbara Streisand and Neil Diamond.

So here is my card -


To create the base I cut a Spellbinder's grand decorative circles one from white centura pearl and folded it in half. I then matted and layered the base with papers from First Edition Summer Breeze paper pad.


The image is from LOTV and is called Thomas - big bunch of flowers (ST027). It has been coloured with the following Promarkers -


  • Thomas - sandstone, tan, henna, pastel pink and coral
  • flowers - pastel pink, coral, soft green, pastel green, grey green and warm grey 2
  • sky - pastel blue
  • shadow - warm grey 2
I cut the image out using a Spellbinder's oval nestie and inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink. I then matted it onto a Spellbinder's floral oval. I made a border from a piece of the paper and a Joanna Sheen lace border die, attached it to the card and then attached the border. To finish I added some blue, peach and brown flowers from The Ribbon Girl.

I would like to enter this into the following challenge - 

http://craftylittlefairieschallenge.blogspot.co.uk - Top Of The Pops (inspired by a song)

Many thanks for stopping by

Lesley

2 comments:

  1. How delightful! The shaped base and layered die cuts are just gorgeous and I love the beautiful rich colours :-)
    Thanks for joining in with our challenge at Crafty Little Fairies!
    Hugs, Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an adorable card! Thanks for joining in with the Crafty Little Fairies this week! I have candy on my blog if you are interested :)
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete