Saturday 23 November 2013

Welcome baby

Hello, happy Saturday to you all.

Here is today's card - 


I started by making a 6 inch square card blank using my Ultimate Pro and some yellow centura pearl. I cut about an inch off the front and cut the edge with an EK success border punch. To the inside of the card I added another piece of centura pearl which I had embossed along one edge with an embossing folder which came free with edition 2 of the Crafter's Companion Inspiration magazine. The image is from Crafter's Companion's Humphrey's Corner range and is called New baby.
I made the backing by stamping one of the smaller stamps which comes with the set randomly over a piece of card and then coloured with the following Spectrum Noirs - 


  • rabbit - BG1 and BG3
  • teddy - CT1 and CT3
I wrapped some yellow ribbon (from my stash) around two pieces of the backing paper and added them to the card front and to the inside of the card.
I stamped the main image and coloured it with the following Spectrum Noirs -


  • Humphrey - BG1, BG2 and BG3
  • towel - CT1, CT2 and CT3
  • shadows - IB1 and IG1
I cut the image out with scissors and matted it onto a Die'sire doily cut from yellow centura pearl. I then added this to the card from using foam pads for dimension. To finish I stamped a sentiment from the stamp set , cut it out using Spellbinder's rectangle die and then inked around the edge of the die cut with a CT3 Spectrum noir pen. (I used the chisel end of the pen which gives a smoother finish).


I would like to enter this card into the following challenge - 

http://www.crafterscompanion.co.uk/blog/crafterscompetition/2013/11/baby-challenge-take-two

Thank you for stopping by.

Lesley

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love this, thank you for joining us over at Crafters Companion
    Hugs Debbie
    http://debscraftycreations.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the beautiful yellows & greys .. lovely baby card design ... so very glad you joined us at Crafter's Companion

    ReplyDelete