Thursday 14 November 2013

Polar pair

Good evening folks. I hope you are all well this Thursday evening.

The Lovely Lili challenge at the Ribbon Girl blog is "add sparkle" and this is my card - 

I made a twisted easel card from a 8 inch card base and matted and layered with papers from LOTV's winter wonderland paper pad (these are so yummy and make a real change from the traditional Christmas colours).  I also wrapped some cream lace and burgundy velvet ribbon (from The Ribbon Girl) around the card base.


The image is called Polar Pair (ST437) from LOTV and has been coloured with the following Promarkers - 

  • hats - crimson, burgundy, shale, ice grey 1 and ice grey 3
  • scarves - holly, pine, crimson, burgundy and shale
  • robin - burgundy, raw sienna and henna
  • log - sandstone, tan, walnut and burnt sienna
  • bears - ice grey 1, burgundy and pale pink
  • snow - icicle
  • sky - arctic blue
I added glitter to the bear's hats and the snow. Then I cut the image out using Spellbinder's labels 11 and inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink. I then matted it onto Spellbinder's decorative labels 8 and added it to the easel. I cut a poinsettia flower using a Spellbinder die and added some ivy cut using a Marianne die. I added a gem to the centre of the flower.

To create the stopper I stamped a sentiment using LOTV's handwritten Christmas phrases, cut it out using Spellbinder's matting basics A and inked whilst still in the die with antique linen distress ink. I matted it onto a plum paper from the pad and added two more pieces of ivy. 

To finish I added some gems to the image.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenge - 



Thank you for stopping by.

Lesley


1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card Lesley! Thank you for joining in with the Ribbon Girl Lovely Lili Challenge to add sparkle! Mary x

    ReplyDelete